Remember that a good host has the following characteristics.
- reliable. Be ready when your guest arrive.
- available. Greet guests when they arrive.
- prepared. Have the meal prepared in advance and cocktails ready when your guests arrive.
- percise. Make clear in the invitations any special details for your party.
- catalyst. Circulate and introduce guests. help start a conversation before moving on.
- aware. Keep drinks refilled and meet other guest needs.
- leader. Start eating promptly, guests are following your lead here and in other areas.
- mindful. Pay attention to details and make sure everything is and remains well-prepared.