eating etiquette (how to eat...)
Table manners for eating lobster.
- Holding the lobster steady with one hand, twist off the claws and place them on the side of your plate.
- A tool for cracking the claws should be provided. Slowly crack the claws and use a fork or lobster pick to remove the meat.
- Pull out the tail meat and cut it.
- Use the pick or fork to spear lobster pieces and dip them into butter if provided.
A large bowl or platter should be provided for the empty shells.
Finger bowls may be provided with the meal is over.
- Mike Lininger, Editor, Etiquette Scholar
If you find any typographical errors, inaccuracies, or inconsistencies, or if you just have something to add, please email us.