etiquette scholar / dining etiquette / table manners / eating etiquette / vegetables / artichokes
eating etiquette (how to eat...)
Artichokes are cooked before being served.
Table manners for eating artichokes.
- Use your fingers to eat the leaves.
- Dip the base in any sauce provided. Use your bottom teeth to scrape off the pulp.
- Leaves are discarded and placed on the side of your plate.
- Seperate the fuzzy portion at the base of the head from the choke's heart. Eat the choke with a fork.
- Mike Lininger, Editor, Etiquette Scholar
If you find any typographical errors, inaccuracies, or inconsistencies, or if you just have something to add, please email us.