About Etiquette Scholar
The Etiquette Scholar website is a comprehensive dining etiquette reference including not only western dining etiquette rules, but also international etiquette guidelines in recognition that the world is a shrinking place. The information in our dining etiquette site results from the culmination of years of research, resulting in the best information available on each dining etiquette subject. Each dining etiquette section is rich in information, but also interesting and enjoyable. The content of each lesson has been compiled by consulting respected business professionals, journalists, and teachers; as well as through innumerable hours of researching the various areas of dining etiquette using all available reference materials on these topics. The resulting dining etiquette pages give the reader a consensus view of the important dining etiquette topics and rules without wasting the reader’s time with useless information.
New etiquette and manners pages and sections will be added to the series on a regular basis - so please check back in the coming months to see what new lessons have been introduced.
Yellowstone Publishing, LLC, founded in 2007, publishes audio books and creates etiquette websites.
Before retiring, Mike Lininger worked as an attorney practicing corporate, securities, and contract law while providing legal advice and services to the Oppenheimer Mutual Funds and Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company. After years of legal research and writing focused on legal topics, he decided to turn his attention towards something a little more interesting, etiquette!
After researching and writing books on dining and wine etiquette, he turned his attention for creating the best possible etiquette reference on the web.
etiquette scholar site bibliography
- Antoine-Dariaux, Genevieve. Entertaining with Elegance. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, 1965.
- Baldrige, Letitia. The Amy Vanderbilt Complete Book of Etiquette. New York: Doubleday, 1978.
- Baldridge, Letita. Amy Vanderbilt's Everyday Etiquette: A Guide to Contemporary Living. New York: Bantam, 1983.
- Boehn, Max von. Modes and Manners, 4 vols. Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1932.
- Elias, Norbert. The History of Manners. new York: Pantheon, 1978.
- Fenwick, Millicent. Vogue's Book of Etiquette and Good Manners. New York Conde Nast Publications with Simon & Schuster, 1969.
- Ford, Charlotte. Book of Modern Manners. New York: Fireside, 1980.
- Iversen, William. O the Times, O the Manners. Toronto, Canada: McLeod, 1965.
- Kasson, John F. Rudeness and Civility: Manners in Nineteenth-Century America. New York: Hill and Wang, 1990.
- Miller, Llewellyn. The Encyclopedia of Etiquette. New York: Crown, 1967.
- Post, Elizabeth L. Emily Post's Etiquette. New York: Funk and Wagnalls, 1969.
- Post, Elizabeth L. The New Emily Post's Etiquette. New York: Funk and Wagnals, 1975.
- Roosevelt, Eleanor. Book of Common Sense Etiquette. New York: Mcmillan, 1962.
- Sprackling, Helen. The New Setting Your Table. New York: Morrow, 1960.
- Lininger, Michael. Etiquette Scholar Dining Etiquette. Livingston: Yellowstone, 2010.
Please contact us with any typographical errors, inaccuracies, or inconsistencies, or if you just have something to add to improve the site. Thank You!