Pairing Wine and Vegetables
- Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand or California,
- or an Italian Verdicchio.
BEANS AND LENTILS
- French Beaujolais, or
- California Merlot.
- Alsatian Riesling or
- Italian Pinot Grigio.
- California Chardonnay
- Dry rose or
- Dolcetto from Italy, or
- medium - weight Chianti.
- Chenin Blanc from California or
- Aibaririo from Spain.
- Pinot Noir from California,
- Merlot from New York State, or
- French Beaujolais.
- Fino sherry from Spain or
- a California sparkling brut rose.
- Unoaked white wine such as Oregon Pinot Gris,
- Sauvignon Blanc from the Loire, or
- Chablis from France.
- Top quality Champagne,
- a California sparkling wine, or
- a Syrah from California or the Rhone in France.
- French red Burgundy or
- Italian Nebbiolo such as Barolo.
pairing wine and salad
A simple green salad with an oil and vinegar dressing, or any vinegar-based dressing, neither requires wine nor can it really be usefully paired with wine. There are a few salads, however, that can be matched with wine.
A California sparkling wine will go nicely with a Caesar salad.
This tuna-based salad is perfect with a dry rose from southern France
A grassy Sauvignon Blanc from California or New Zealand, or a brut rose sparkling wine from California, will work well.